Carefully towing a camper or trailer isn’t all about attaching Towing Mirrors to your truck and start moving your way. If you frequently have a camper or trailer hooked to your motor vehicle, there’s a superb chance you’ll have to acquire the towing mirrors. These mirrors give a wide field of view over your surrounding while driving. The better option should allow you to see the traffic behind and the length of your trailer whenever you are towing.
There are various options when opting for towing mirrors. These options are universal clip-on, telescopic, manual, telescopic, and power mirrors.
Table of Contents
- List of 10 best Towing Mirrors in 2019
- #10. Fit System 3891Towing Mirror
- #9. Fit System 81810 Towing Mirror
- #8. Fit System 81850 Zap and Snap Tow Mirror
- #7. YITAMOTOR Towing Mirrors
- #6. YITAMOTOR Super Duty Towing Mirrors
- #5. CIPA 10900 Towing Mirrors
- #4. K Source 81300 Towing Mirror
- #3. CIPA USA 11550 2 Pack Tow Mirror
- #2. YITAMOTOR Towing Mirrors
- #1. SCITOO Rear-View Towing Mirrors
- Factors to consider when choosing the Best Towing Mirrors:
List of 10 best Towing Mirrors in 2019
#10. Fit System 3891Towing Mirror
By: Fit System
This a deluxe clip-on towing mirror features in extra-large size. It doesn’t need any tool to set-up. Luckily enough, the installation can only be done by clipping it on to the existing mirror to intensify the field of view whenever you intend to tow. The more important thing with this towing mirror is that the vision of the existing mirror is not blocked.
It incorporates mounting straps for dual ratcheting plastic that perfectly fit quite a number of the mirror to 11.5-inches in height. With Rachet lock system, you can comfortably maximize clamping power, which reduces vibrations in return. The straps incorporate rubber pads that help in protecting your mirror. In sum, this mirror can fit all vehicle applications virtually.
- Weighs 1.5 pounds
- Secure Mounting Hardware
- Fit any mirror about 11.5-inches tall
- Mirror head measures 5-inches by 8-inches
- The mounting bracket section measures 4 ½” by 11 ½.”
- Easy to set up and detach
- Helping in negating all blind spot issues.
- Offer an extra rear visibility
- Solid mount setup
#9. Fit System 81810 Towing Mirror
By: Fit System
Towing mirror from Fit System has become the only towing mirror of choice. It helps in increasing the visibility while on the towing practice. Moreover, it is majorly designed to go with a variety of SUV models and popular truck. Also, its installation entails snapping it onto the standard vehicle side-mirror.
Moreover, it features durable construction, rugged housing, and scratch-resistant glass. It provides a professional feel and looks as well. The custom design impeccably matches the pattern of the existing side-mirror. The result is a look and feels that it is professional. These towing Mirrors fit Chevy, Dodge, Ford, and Toyota models. They are elegant, aerodynamic, and glossy and clip on the common side-mirror seamlessly.
- Weighs 3.5 pounds
- Sleek modern design
- Scratch-resistant glass
- Features durable construction
- Comes with a rugged housing
- System improves visibility
- Very stable
- OEM fit for industry installed appearance
- No need to detach
- Snaps onto the existing mirror for convenient installation
- Perfect for towing campers, trailers etc.
#8. Fit System 81850 Zap and Snap Tow Mirror
By: Fit System
This 81850 towing mirror features easy-to-install system. The mirror is characterized by straps that help in obscuring the driver’s view on the standard mirror. Moreover, the mirror is engineered for trucks like ford 2015 F-150 series, meaning it goes with 2015-2018 Ford F150. Its extension design can easily conveniently Snap-on mirror. It features vibration-and-rattle-free mounting.
More interestingly, the mirror is compatible with OEM vehicle side-mirror and interfere not with the functionality of OE standard side-mirror.
- Easy Clip-on Install
- Molded to fit standard side Mirrors
- Compatible with OEM vehicle side-mirror
- The extension does not disrupt OE Mirror Glass
- Weighs 3.3 pounds
- Easy Clip-on Install
- Molded to fit standard side Mirrors
- Mirrors conveniently fold without getting rid of extensions
- Sold in Pairs
#7. YITAMOTOR Towing Mirrors
The towing mirror from YITAMOTOR is characterized by fitment. This is to say; the mirror goes perfectly with Ford F-150 series 2007-2014 truck. It features manual telescoping, puddle lamp, manual folding, LED signal, and power adjusted glass. More increasingly, this mirror is crafted with Aluminum material Base and long-lasting textured ABS plastic. Also, it features dual Glass that includes Convex Glass and Flat Glass.
What’s more, Premium-quality reflective glass guarantees less distortion. Moreover, it has premium-quality reflective glass guarantees less distortion. The mirror dramatically enhances appearance and styling.
- Power operation
- Dual Glass that includes Convex Glass and Flat Glass
- Puddle Signal Light
- Manual Telescoping
- Weighs 27 pounds
- Aluminum Material Base and long-lasting textured ABS plastic
- Convex glass gives better coverage
- Premium-quality reflective glass guarantees less distortion
- Made to meet quality control standards
- Dramatically enhanced appearance and styling
#6. YITAMOTOR Super Duty Towing Mirrors
These towing mirrors by YITAMOTOR are slightly cheaper than the others. First, these upgraded mirrors are compatible with many vehicle types. Second, they feature adjustable power glasses with adjustments of 18 – 21 inches. Also, you can fold then yourself. Next, these towing mirrors include curved mirror lenses and black housing. To elaborate more, it has a dual glass. That is both convex and flat glass.
Additionally, they come with an aluminum base. This makes them lightweight and durable. The ABS plastic used for housing also makes these mirrors very durable. Its excellent quality reflective glass provides crystal clear images. However, their installation is quite tricky. Consult a professional for installation.
- Has dual glass (flat and convex)
- Weighs 22 pounds
- Has a smoke signal lamp
- Black ABS plastic cover
- Comes as two mirrors
- Has an aluminum base
- Have a long service life
- Compatible with many vehicles
- Light in weight
- Good quality materials
#5. CIPA 10900 Towing Mirrors
The CIPA custom towing mirrors are available in 40+ select applications. This makes them well-matched with several popular SUV and truck models. These mirrors slide tightly over the existing rear mirrors. They include an extra adjustable mirror that is placed on the outer end. These towing mirrors enhance your towing vision. What’s more, they never block your existing mirrors.
Besides, you don’t need any tools, and they don’t leave holes or marks on your car after installation. The ABS plastic knobs ensure firmness and strength. Moreover, the mirror’s faces are made of scratch-resistant glass. This promises clear images and long service. Finally, these towing mirrors can withstand any hostile weather elements.
- Weighs 4 pounds
- Features ABS plastic knobs
- Polypropylene plastic hooks
- Has scratch-resistant mirrors
- Uses existing mirrors
- Are highly durable
- Top quality materials
- Assures clear images
- Compatible with many vehicles
- Not good for extendable mirrors
#4. K Source 81300 Towing Mirror
By: K Source
K source towing mirror provides the most economical and efficient towing mirror option. They also guarantee a safe and great solution for the routine towing need to enhance the field of view while towing on the road. It, therefore, enhance the efficacy of existing side mirrors (OEM).
More importantly, these towing mirror extensions are compatible with SUV models and popular truck. Luckily enough, its installation does not interfere with the vehicle appearance. With this mirror extension, changing lanes is possible as it improves rear visibility. Its aerodynamic design does not pose obstruction in viewing for safer towing.
- Weighs 2.25 pounds
- Adjustment screw for tightening
- Scratch-free and snugged housing
- Built-in clips for secure positioning
- Elegant and sleek
- Durable Construction
- No drilling or apparatuses needed for installation
- Increases field of view while towing
- Installation instructions included
- An economical alternative for efficient towing
- Extends rear visibility
- Poor mirror adjustment
#3. CIPA USA 11550 2 Pack Tow Mirror
Custom Towing Mirrors from CIPA is compatible with rearview side mirrors. The Custom Towing Mirror from CIPA is resilient, aerodynamic sleeve fixed to your car specifications. Additionally, these mirrors give snug slide over the existing back view side mirror.
It features an extra adjustable mirror that extends the towing vision, without disrupting the existing car mirror. The installation knobs are constructed of durable ABS plastic that is well known for its unbreakable, rigidity, and strength. The mirror surface is built using scratch-resistant glass that guarantees an unobstructed towing application. The installation wedges feature polypropylene plastic construction that provides superb durable shape conformity and offers years of connection reliability.
- Durable ABS plastic
- Weighs 2 pounds
- Two rigid installation knobs
- Two installation wedge
- Offer a very inexpensive solution
- Installation requires no tool
- Doesn’t Leaves any mark on your car
- Illustrated installation instructions
- The mirror comes in pair
- Not that great
#2. YITAMOTOR Towing Mirrors
This yet another towing mirror that is characterized by two mirrors; one for the driver and the other for the passenger. It comes with multiple options like telescoping, heated, power, and arrow LED-signal light. The glass measures 12-inches by 8-inches and its installation includes self-washer nut and supporting bracket. Ideally, it features black surface finish with ultra-strong textured housing.
The other powerful features are that the mirror is also designed with Made with lightweight, ultra-strong and durable black textured ABS plastic. Also, this towing mirror is well equipped with includes convex and flat glass. It best suited for 07-13 GMC Sierra and Chevy Silverado.
- Made with lightweight, ultra-strong and durable black textured ABS plastic
- Weighs 17.3 pounds
- Includes convex and flat glass
- Aluminum Material Base
- Manual telescopic
- Arrow signal light for turn signal light
- Power Operation- dual arm and primary mirror
- Convex glass Provides broad and better angle of the back view
- Built to adhere to quality control standards
- Premium-quality reflective glass guaranteed less distortion
- Intensely improve appearance and styling
- Cheap quality
#1. SCITOO Rear-View Towing Mirrors
The lineup of mirrors from SCITOO come with a broad range of mirror types together with its application. Fortunately, this towing mirror is budget-friendly when compared to its rival in the market. Also, it includes a glass power control function. It is compatible with 2007-2016 Toyota Tundra.
Many of the SCITOO towing mirrors brands features power and are also heated turn signal. There are various reasonably priced manual telescopic options suitable for particular trucks such as Toyota Tundra. The mirror Come in pair one for the driver side and the other for the passenger side.
- Fits Toyota Tundra (2007-2016)
- Come in pair one for the driver side and the other for the passenger side
- 99 pounds
- Power Operation
- Can be extended using manual Telescoping
- Easy to install
- Manual foldable
- Plug and play
- Mirror vibration and distortion concerns on certain applications
Factors to consider when choosing the Best Towing Mirrors:
- Visibility – Though this requirement tends to vary from one state to another in the U.S, the ideal towing mirrors by law should provide clarity of about 200 ft. to the back of the motor vehicle no matter the length of your trailer.
- Trailer size – It is always wise to consider the trailer size before going out for towing mirrors. The reason for this is that the size of your camper or trailer will determine the towing mirrors to buy.
- Frequent towing or not – It is also advisable to determine whether your trailer towing is periodical or not. If it is periodical, then replacing the entire mirror assembly is not advisable. Instead, consider a more temporary solution such as universal clip-on mirrors.
- Reinforcement bracket – If you are acquiring replacement mirrors that are specifically designed for your car, then your better option should have reinforced bracket for minimizing vibration.
- Turn signals – Some mirrors are well equipped with turn or heated signals. However, this will depend on your preference.
To summarize, the information above is comprehensive enough to give you all the details you ever needed for you to make the wise to the choice of towing mirrors. The mirror can deliver the best when it comes to trailer towing practices. Buy your today and you with shocked to see exactly what you’ve been missing.