Safety gear is a must when you are a welder. Burns are the most common hazard for a welder due to molten fragments and sparks landing on the skin. Having good welding gloves will provide your hands’ protection and great comfort while you work. We recommend that you buy gloves that are made specifically for welding as they can handle rigorous that comes with welding
Fortunately, there are a variety of welding gloves for sale and this article will assist you in narrowing down the selection. We have done some research and come up with the top 10 best welding gloves reviews for you. Below are our picks.
Table of Contents
- List of 10 Best Welding Gloves in 2019
- #10. RAPICCA Leather Heat/Fire Resistant Forge Welding Gloves – Blue
- #9. Lincoln Electric Traditional 14 inches Lined Leather MIG/Stick Welding Gloves
- #8. KIM YUAN Extreme Fire and Heat Resistant Gloves, Black-Grey 14 inches
- #7. Milliongo Leather Heat Resistant BBQ Welding Gloves, Black Gray
- #6. NoCry Heavy Duty Flame Retardant Heat Resistant Welding Gloves
- #5. John Tillman and Co 50L MIG Welding Gloves, Large
- #4. Miller 263333 Arc Armor Lined MIG Welding Glove
- #3. Steiner 21923-L 23-Inch Length Welding Gloves Foam Lined
- #2. RAPICCA Leather Forge Heat/Fire Resistant Welding Gloves – Blue
- #1. KIM YUAN Heat and Fire Resistant Leather with Kevlar Stitching Gloves
- Factors to Consider When Purchasing the Best Welding Gloves:
List of 10 Best Welding Gloves in 2019
#10. RAPICCA Leather Heat/Fire Resistant Forge Welding Gloves – Blue
RAPICCA produces some of the good looking welding gloves out there. They are guaranteed to withstand temperatures of up to500℃ making it ideal for welding and gripping hot cookware, wood or burning coal. In addition to that, inside the groves have 100 percent soft sweat absorbent cotton lining that will add heat resistance and softness. Ideally, this Welding Gloves are16 inches extra-long protecting your forearms from hot coals, sparks and open flames.
These groves are also reinforced with Double Layered Kevlar Padding on the palms, fingers, and backs to provide extreme heat protection. Other than that, they are heavy duty gloves for durability thus serving you for a long time.
- Thick and durable
- Multi-function for men and women
- Extreme heat resistant protection
- Reinforced double layered kevlar padding
- Superior security for forearms
- Ideal for grill and barbecue
- Not easy to wear out
- Withstand temperatures up to 932°F
- A bit expensive
#9. Lincoln Electric Traditional 14 inches Lined Leather MIG/Stick Welding Gloves
By: Lincoln Electric
Well, the first thing you will love about these gloves is that they are the most reasonably priced gloves out there. Lincoln Electric Welding Gloves are also made of high-quality leather as well as a soft cotton liner which will withstand and protect you against high temperatures. Other than that, the groves are made with Kevlar threading, fully lined interior and high-grade leather exterior to withstand daily exposure to heat, sparks, flames.
These gloves are super comfortable to use and have a straight thumb design to enhance fingertip sensitivity. Besides that, it is reinforced with twill cotton that will absorb moisture during use.
- Great heat resistance
- Brings superior comfort
- High-grade leather exterior
- Designed to withstand high temperatures
- Enhances comfort and fingertip sensitivity
- Reinforced seams
- Comfortable and heat resistant liners
- Lacks dexterity
#8. KIM YUAN Extreme Fire and Heat Resistant Gloves, Black-Grey 14 inches
By: KIM YUAN
The KIM YUAN is particularly designed for overhead welding. They are professional wending gloves that are going to keep customers hands protected from injuries. Basically, this Heat Resistant Gloves are made of full cow split leather surface that is fireproof, heat insulation. Other than that, it has soft sweat absorbent cotton inside that can withstand temp of up to 350°C making it super enough to handle high-temperature work.
The groves will give excellent performance making it useful for welders, Fireplace, Oven, Wood Stove, Barbecue, Grill, Animal Handling, Campfire and more. To sum up, these groves are of high quality and will improve your work efficiency.
- Extreme heat resistant protection
- Thick and soft gloves
- Has a wide range application
- Durable Kevlar stitching
- Withstand temperatures up to 662 °f
- More comfortable to wear
- Has a hook design to hang gloves up
- Glove lining bunches up when taking your hand out
#7. Milliongo Leather Heat Resistant BBQ Welding Gloves, Black Gray
The next product on our list is Milliongo Leather Welding Gloves, one of the toughest leather gloves for welding. It is made to withstand temperatures and heat of up to 500℃ thus protecting you from splashed oil, hot coals and open flames. Ordinarily, these groves are multipurpose as you can use them not only for barbecue but can also be used as fire gloves, gardening gloves, oven mitts, welding gloves or even anti-bite dog handling gloves.
Made of quality craftsmanship making it durable and sturdy thus it is going to serve you for a long time. Other than that, you will notice that this grove have a lining made of polyester cotton that is skin-friendly, breathable and soft absolving sweat quickly for better user experience. Comes with a one-year limited warranty.
- Fireproof and waterproof
- Safe and comfortable to use
- The lining is made of polyester cotton
- Soft and skin-friendly
- Extreme heat resistant up to 932°f
- 1-year long product warranty
- Breathable fireproof gloves
- Poor stitching
#6. NoCry Heavy Duty Flame Retardant Heat Resistant Welding Gloves
NoCry is one of the top-rated glove manufacturers out there. They have produced this Flame Retardant Heat Resistant Welding Gloves that are going to protect your forearms and hands from most extreme heat conditions. They will allow you to handle hot tools and objects safely as the groves are made of reinforced double layered palms and flame and heat resistant treated leather. Ordinarily, this Welding Gloves has a comfortable feel on your hands as they are soft on your hands keeping sparks and open flames from touching the skin.
It is one size that fits both men and women and it is ideal to wear while working in fireplaces, barbecues, welding, campfires, and even on an unhappy cat. Basically, the groves are going to reduce the risk of scratches and burns from sharp objects, hot coals and grinding debris.
- Fits both men and women
- Handle hot objects and tools
- Has comfortable feel without sacrificing safety
- Extra-long gauntlet cuff gloves
- Meets en-420 standards
- Fit a wide range of hand sizes
- Reinforced double layered palms
- Inner lining tends to come off
#5. John Tillman and Co 50L MIG Welding Gloves, Large
By: John Tillman and Co
John Tillman makes the best and toughest gloves out there and it is categorized as one of the best-selling gloves out there. They have Fleece Lining, Split Leather Back, Split Leather Palm Reinforcements and Seamless Forefinger making it heat and fire resistant. You can use them in welding, fireplaces, campfires and other areas that need you to handle items that are hot. In addition to that, these groves are Fleece lined to have added protection on cold and hot conditions without the bulk.
You also notice that this grove have Sewn with Kevlar for heat resistance and strength, other than that, they are thick and extra-long to protect your forearms from sparks and open flames
- Long-lasting top grain cowhide palm
- Seamless forefinger and elastic back
- 4-inch cuff for added protection
- The good thickness for heat protection
- Cowhide split for heat protection
- Kevlar thread to strengthen the gloves
- Can get a little warm inside ( body heat)
#4. Miller 263333 Arc Armor Lined MIG Welding Glove
Next up, we are going to review Miller 263343 Welding Glove. They are high-quality groves that are ideal for metalworking and welding applications. These groves have strategically placed patches on the back and palm making it super durable and long lasting. Besides that, they are made using premium cow split leather that offers extreme protection and durability. The pre-curved fingers design makes this grove to have maximum comfort and ergonomic fit.
These 23 inches long groves will provide full protection on your forearm, especially during your welding activities. It will also offer flame-resistant insulation whenever you are grilling or in fireplaces.
- Double layered insulated palm
- Offers ergonomic fit and maximum comfort
- Provides flame-resistant insulation
- They feature a thumb strap
- Absorbs sweat hence providing great grip and comfort
- Strong and durable
- Ideal for welding and metalworking applications
- Sizes are smaller than expected
#3. Steiner 21923-L 23-Inch Length Welding Gloves Foam Lined
The glove is ideal for MIG and arc welding. It is constructed using cowhide leather which makes it thicker for accurate heat insulation whenever you are welding. This super quality construction will offer a good mix of comfort, abrasion resistance, and dexterity. Other than that, the groves will offer the utmost level of safety and this lead to increased productivity in your workplace. These groves are also fitted with large cuffs that will prevent your hands from burning while making the groves last longer.
The palm of this groves are genuinely heatproof and contains extra padding to add reliability and durability. Besides, it has a full cotton lining inside that will absorb all the sweat thus you will remain dry and comfortable.
- 23 long welding gloves
- Reinforced thumb strap
- Foam insulated back
- Fully welted
- Have high-quality construction
- Increase productivity in the workplace
- Full cotton lining
- Some users have reported durability issues
#2. RAPICCA Leather Forge Heat/Fire Resistant Welding Gloves – Blue
The RAPICCA is 16 inches extra-long welding glove that is designed precisely for a stick, plasma, and overhead welding. The groves are guaranteed to withstand high temperatures of up to 932 degrees F. Furthermore, inside the groves, there is a 100 percent soft sweat absorbent cotton lining that will add more heat resistance and softness. With that, this makes this grove perfect for gripping hot stuff such as cookware, burning coal or wood & heat oven.
These Welding Gloves are made from carefully selected soft and thick natural cowhide leather that is cut resistant, cut resistant, puncture resistant, oil resistant and heat resistant. The groves are likewise durable and will last for a long time.
- Provide extreme heat resistant protection
- Offer superior security for forearms
- Double layered kevlar padding on fingers
- Thick and durable
- Multi-function for men & women
- Sweat absorbent cotton lining
- Heavy duty gloves that are long lasting
- Sizes run a bit small
#1. KIM YUAN Heat and Fire Resistant Leather with Kevlar Stitching Gloves
By: KIM YUAN
Made from premium high-quality cowhide leather, these KIM YUAN gloves maintain a delicate balance between comfort, protection, and durability. The groves have a thickness of above 1.2mm making it have proper heat insulation and can withstand heat temperatures of up to 350°C. With that, this makes it handle high-temperature work such as welding, campfire, oven, wood stove, barbecue and so much more. These groves are not only heat resistant but also they are cut resistance, cut resistance, puncture resistance, and moderate oil resistance.
The gloves have a reinforced palm and it is well cushioned to resistant to high temperatures and will not easily be cut by sharp objects. Also, the groves inside have sweat absorbent cotton that makes sure that your hands remain comfortable to improve your work efficiency.
- Thick and soft
- Has durable kevlar stitching
- Provide extreme heat resistant protection
- Fireproof and soft sweat absorbent cotton inside
- Wide range application
- Soft, flexible and comfortable to wear
- Puncture resistance and cut resistance
- Not good for constant use for over 8-10 hours.
Factors to Consider When Purchasing the Best Welding Gloves:
Your whole body needs to be protected when you are welding and the hands should have a special safety needs as they are close to the material being welded and welding torch.
That is the reasons why you need to have a pair of welding gloves. Therefore, if you follow the above instructions, you will easily able to select the best gloves for your needs.