Our reliance on different gadgets is increasing day in and day out. Nowadays, regardless of whether you are at home or in the office, you will find yourself surrounded by different devices. These gadgets range from phones, laptops, fridges, and other electronics. In case for some reason, these gadgets get damaged, you will have to incur huge repair costs. As they say, protection is better than cure, and the best protection you can give your devices will be the smart surge protector power strips with USB. Whenever there is a power surge, voltage fluctuations, or any type of damage, these surge protectors will break the circuit to make sure that your expensive gadgets remain safe.
With the high number of smart surge protectors available today in the market, you will have a hard time choosing the best for you. There are also several factors you will need to keep in mind when choosing including the energy rating. Keeping that in mind, you now understand that it can be a bit daunting to choose the best surge protector. We, therefore, prepared a review of the best surge protectors with a brief buying guide to help you make the right choice. What you only need to do is go through the list to see which surge protector meets your needs.
Table of Contents
List of Top 10 Best Smart Surge Protector Power Strips with USB in 2023
#10. APC Desk Mount Surge Protector with 3 USB Ports, 1080 Joules
If you want a good power station, this is the product that you need to get. It offers 1080 joules of surge protection meaning that it can be used with almost any appliance at home or in the office. With its sleek design and 6-outlet power strips, you will find it convenient to use under the desk.
You will also appreciate that the power strip comes with a 6-foot power cord that makes it very flexible to use. What’s more, the product comes with 3 USB charging ports for all your charging needs. It also prides itself on a flat-end space-saver plug to extend its durability.
- It has 1080 joules of surge protection.
- Backed with a lifetime warranty from the manufacturer.
- Included components are a surge protector and a user manual.
- The surge protector comes with a 6-foot power cord.
#9. AmazonBasics Surge Protector with USB – Black
This is a 6-outlet power strip that has one transformer outlet. It prides itself on 790 joules of surge protection making it ideal for protecting your small appliances including lamps and phones. Additionally, it comes along with a 6-foot power cord that makes it very flexible to use.
Another feature to appreciate about this product is that it comes with an LED light together with a circuit breaker that signifies your protection. From the positive reviews that this surge protector power strip has amassed online, it is clear that it is a reliable product.
- It has a 6-foot-long power cord.
- 790 joules of surge protection making it ideal for small appliances.
- Features an LED light to signify protection.
- Available in two color options.
#8. Belkin BE112230-08 Surge Protector with 8ft Cord, Gray
Next, we have this power strip that comes with a total of 12 outlets and a cord length of up to 8 feet. The energy rating for this product is 3940 joules meaning that you will power your heavy-duty equipment with the power strip with no worries at all.
When it comes to the construction of this power strip, you will appreciate that it features a wear-resistant design so you will not have to keep on replacing it. The power strip also comes with a power filtration feature that will minimize the noise for quiet operation.
- Ideal for safeguarding computers and other office equipment.
- This surge protector has 12 outlets with an 8-foot power cord.
- The energy rating of this surge protector is 3940 joules.
- Features damage-resistant housing.
#7. BESTEK 6-Outlet Power Strip, 200Joule – Black
This is an 8-outlet power strip that comes from one of the best brands today. You will appreciate that it has 4 smart IQ identification USB ports. That simply means that it automatically detects the current and self-adjusts the same depending on the device that is being charged.
This surge protector also comes with a lighted on/off switch with a circuit breaker to make sure that it remains protected from overloads. Its ABS shell is also flame-retardant meaning that the power strip will serve you for quite a long time. To guarantee further safety, the power strip is ETL and FCC-listed.
- Comes with an on/off switch together with a circuit breaker.
- The surge protector is FCC and ETL –listed for safety.
- It comes with a warranty of 8 months to cover any defects.
- There are no buzzing sounds.
#6. HITRENDS Surge Protector with USB Charger, White
In case you are more concerned about saving space, this is the power strip that you need to get. The compact power strip comes with up to 3 AC outlets with a total of 3 USB ports to cater to your charging needs. Another feature that makes this product is that it is energy-efficient which leads to very low power consumption.
The materials used for this power strip are resistant to fires so you can operate it with no fears at all. You will also appreciate that its interior features high-quality copper wires that are basically durable. This surge protector similarly comes with a 5-foot power cord allowing you to easily connect it to the wall socket.
- Comes in a compact and portable design.
- FCC and RoHS certification to guarantee quality.
- The power cord measures 5 feet.
- There are a total of three charging ports.
#5. APC Power Strip w/USB Charging Ports, 8 Outlets
This surge protector power strip comes with 8 outlets in total and 2 USB outlets. You will also be happy to realize that it has an energy rating of 2630 joules meaning that you can connect your heavy-duty gadgets to the power strip with no worries. The plug on the end is at an angle of 900 degrees meaning that you can attach it to the electrical socket.
Another feature to appreciate about this power strip is that it comes with a 6-foot power cord making it hassle-free to connect to any electrical socket. Other than protecting your gadgets, you will also appreciate that this power strip gives you the chance to charge your phones.
- The energy rating of this surge protector is 2630 joules.
- Backed with a lifetime warranty from the manufacturer.
- Ideal for computers and other office or home equipment.
- Reliable and safe protection from lightning and spikes.
#4. HOLSEM Surge Protector Power Strip w/3 USB Charging Ports
Next, we have this power strip that comes with a total of 12 outlets. Additionally, it features 3 smart USB ports which help it to automatically detect a charging device and adjust the current accordingly. With its 6-foot heavy-duty cord, plugging the power strip into the wall socket will be hassle-free.
What makes this surge protector power strip unique is that it has an energy rating of 4000 joules. It, therefore, means that you will be able to connect your heavy-duty gadgets to the power strips without worrying about their safety. Being made with flame-resistant materials, it will enhance its durability.
- Guaranteed quality and all-around protection.
- Made with a flame-retardant material with overload protection.
- UL-listed for safety making it ideal for home and office use.
- Comes with a worry-free warranty of 2 years.
#3. Witeem Surge Protector with 4 USB Charging Ports, Black
This is one of the best surge protector power strips as far as the number of outlets is concerned. You will be amazed to realize that it comes with a total of 16 outlets to cater to all your gadget protection needs. Included in this number are 4 fast-charging USB ports that have a total output of 6 amperes/30 watts.
Safety is also a priority in this power strip and this is why it comes with some safety shutters in each and every port. This, therefore, means that kids and careless adults will never insert unwanted objects in the sockets. Regardless of the gadget type that you are looking to secure, this power strip will be there for you. Its power cord is long enough for that.
- It comes with fast-charging USB ports.
- Offers all-around protection.
- Features a 6-foot heavy-duty and UL-listed power cord.
- It has very friendly customer service.
#2. POWRUI Surge Protector with 6 Outlets & 6 USB Ports (Black)
This is a very cost-effective way of protecting your gadgets. The power strip comes with 12 outlet ports to protect up to 12 gadgets from power surges. Among the 12 ports are 6 USB ports that will facilitate your gadget charging. Given that this power strip has a compact design, it will be ideal for home and office use.
Another feature to appreciate about this power strip is that it comes with AC outlets that are basically wide enough for your large adapters. To alert you when the power strip is working correctly, the power strip comes with a green LED light. When the LED light turns red, things are not right.
- Widely-spaced outlets for convenience.
- Features 6 fast-charging USB ports.
- This charging station has a total of 6 outlets.
- 30-day return and a replacement warranty within 12 months.
#1. Yostyle Surge Protector Power Strip with 3 USB Ports, UL Listed
This tool will allow you to protect all your devices and also protect them from power surges. It comes with 12 outlets and 3 of these outlets are smart USB ports. This, therefore, means that the USB ports will automatically detect the device being charged and supply the right amount of power.
The surge protector comes in a compact and lightweight design meaning that you can easily travel with it everywhere you wish. You also do not have to worry about the quality of this surge protector since it comes with the ROHL UL certifications.
- It has 9 AC outlets with 3 USB ports.
- Features a convenient on/off switch.
- Comes with a 6-foot-long power cord.
- Features 5-color LED light.
Factors to consider when choosing the Best Smart Surge Protector Power Strips with USB:
- The number of outlets – This factor will determine the number of gadgets that can be connected to the power strip simultaneously. To be on the best side, you will need to choose surge protectors that come with not less than 6 outlets. That will make sure that you can even scale up the number of gadgets you use without any hassle. You also need to make sure that the surge protector comes with USB outlets to charge your devices.
- Energy rating – You need to understand that each surge protector comes with a joule rating label for convenience. The energy rating basically refers to the amount of energy that the surge protector is able to absorb before failing. The overall idea here is that the higher the energy rating, the better the protection that the surge protectors will provide. If you, therefore, live in lightning-prone conditions, it is always good to settle for a higher energy rating.
- Length of the power cord – Most people will tend to overlook this but the fact of the matter is that it remains important too. You need to understand that some of the devices you want to be protected have their fixed positions. The solution to that is getting an adequately long connection between them. Based on the distance between your device and the wall outlet, you must get the best length for your surge protector.
Searching for the best surge protector power strips with USB? Above are some of the best options. Rather than waste too much time comparing an endless list of items, just compare the products in this review. All of them come from reliable brands meaning that they will never disappoint you. However, since everyone will have their own needs, it is good to do a comparison of all the items. We also highlighted the important factors to look out for when shopping. For that reason, you will be able to easily identify your appropriate pick. All the best!